Monday, October 12, 2009

About Me

Hello, my name is Bianca and I am 24 years old. I live in Edmonton Alberta; I used to live in Toronto; but as you can imagine, Edmonton is MUCH better. After years of aimless wandering I have decided that I want to be a writer.

**************

I am what you would call a restless soul. Some call me a quitter, some would even call me a flake; it doesn’t really matter what you call me, it’s all the same to me. Since the day I got my social insurance number, at the tender age of 17, I have had 27 jobs. It seems rather high but it truly did sneak up on me; you could say that I am a victim of my over-romancing.

I wanted to be a singer, in fact I moved across the country to Toronto, spent a ridiculous amount of money on a musical education only to realize that I have terrible stage fright; in fact its crippling, the thought of singing in front of a crowd renders me an off key singing fraud. So I quit school, stayed in Toronto and did nothing really. I slung coffee, twice; worked under the table at a shady Thai restaurant, and washed dishes at a Culinary Center. All were relatively short lived.

After being in Toronto too long and having accomplished nothing other than 1 year of jazz music diploma, a 3 month culinary intensive and a raping of my financial standing, I decided to move back to Edmonton and get my life together. I applied to the culinary program at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology and after a rather short interview; I was shortlisted and later accepted. Have I mentioned I am a master in the art of the interview? So I left the life I built in Toronto and returned to the life I left behind in Edmonton.

My first job upon returning home was working for the caffeine giant that is Red Bull; I felt comfortable juicing people up, so I went from 1 caffeine giant to another. To this day, Red Bull is the longest job I have ever had. It almost wasn’t; I accidentally stood up the boss the day of my first interview, but she gave me another chance; she is a dear, we are great friends now. 2 years and 4 months later, I left; it was time, I had worn out my welcome.

After 2 years of moderate dedication I (just barely) finished my Culinary Arts diploma. I stumbled out in to the big world and realized, I FUCKING HATE THIS. In the summer after graduation, I had 4 cooking jobs in 4 months; all of which made me want to leap from the 28th floor. The last job I had was the lesser of the 4 evils; but I hated it nonetheless. So I quit like a certified asshole; and got another job, an easy reception job that had sweet hours; no weekends, all holidays off, 2 weeks at Christmas; it was perfect. They fired me after 3 days of work, they said I wasn’t a right fit; I firmly believe the balance of the universe was punishing me for being a dickhead to my former employer(s). Regardless, I was pissed and unemployed.

Then seemingly out of nowhere, this creeping desire to put words on paper began to over take me. I found myself wanting to do nothing else. 27 jobs, 2 educations, a cross country trek and back; and I decide I want to write?!

So here I am; and since I am very new at this writing thing, I feel I am currently unemployable in the field; so I created this place. This is where I write about my feelings; sometimes it’s funny, sometimes it’s sad, most of the time it pathetic; but it is always real. My only agenda is to become a better writer; there is no specific theme, hence no name that could say, in a few words, what is going to go on here.

My name is Bianca and this is my place, Untitled… because I didn’t know what else to call it.

***************

If you have a bone to pick with me, feel like rambling on about non-sense (I LOVE non-sense!) or want to give me something for free (I love free stuff even more than non-sense); don’t hesitate to drop me a line at biancaosbourne@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers