Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Stood Up...

I was super excited all week, I had a meeting with a representative from a new Edmonton food publication. 2pm wednesday at Second Cup, he said. 2:10, 2:15, 2:20...I feel like a fool, I don't even drink Second Cup. Far be it from me to think that it was going to all happen so fast. I haven't even been writing 3 months. But I have to say I am pretty dissapointed , for a couple of reasons. One: I told all my friends and now I have to tell them that I was essentially stood up and two: I really wanted this opportunity. I suppose this is to be expected, the life of a writer is not an easy one and I am sure many have been stood up once or twice before me. I have a friend Kaley, who is very much into fate, so perhaps, to take a page from her book, it just wasn't meant to be. Well at least I got this little post out if it...all, as they say, is not lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers