Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Project 365

I was doing this little challenge called project 365; the premise is you take a picture a day for the whole year, hence the name project 365. I started out with a zeal that one can only muster at the dawn of a new decade.

January was great, I kept up my end of the bargain, I took a picture every day; granted some of the photos were shitty, at best; but I did it.

February is when things started to hit the skids. Blame the mid winter slump, that hit me like a ton of bricks; but I just wasn’t feeling inspired by my surroundings, therefore unable to capture it with passion. And truthfully I just didn’t want to. I don’t know how people carry around big behemoth cameras and feel normal snapping pictures. All throughout January I felt like a Japanese tourist at Disneyland, being annoying and taking shit loads of pictures; and in February I was over it and so we’re my friends.

So after some review I have decided to throw in the towel on P365. I’m a writer not a photographer and I like it that way.

Of course I will still post the odd picture, mainly because I made my parents buy me an expensive SLR; but also because I love still life, I just don’t want to be tied to it.

Besides I'm black, not Asian; and blacks don’t like the camera; it feels too much like a mug shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers