Saturday, November 14, 2009

Shock Therapy

After my slip up yesterday, I decided it was time for some shock therapy. If this is going to be a success, I need to be drastic. This morning, I spent an hour forcing myself to watch those horrible PETA style videos. Even made myself cry. Oh yes, I am serious about this. So I watched, shed a tear and recommitted to this challenge. I also decided that I am going to adopt pescatarianism as a semi permanent thing. My new goal is 6 months. 6 months of no meat, is a daunting thought, especially for an admitted carnivore such as myself; but, the shock therapy worked better than I had anticipated. I have yet to go do a full on "I'm a veggie now" grocery shop, but I am confident that once I do that, things will get easier and I won't have to be so hardcore and resort to scare tactics. But I will say this, and don't think that I am trying to employ hypocrisy; but, I will eat meat, under very strict guidelines. It must be local, organic and sustainably raised and it must be bought directly from the farmer, I want to meet the man (or woman) who raised this animal from infancy and look into their eyes; I want to put a face to my meat, if you know what I mean. I think that is fair, it's the least I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers