Wednesday, November 4, 2009

1 week to eat

I have made a descision. I am giving up meat. Well, just for a week, as sort of a challenge; and, to see if I can hack it. I am starting to develop this nagging feeling in my gut, that I cannot seem to shake. Meat fabrication is ever so mean and I love animals; I certainly don't want to be one of those people who talks about how much they love animals and then eats meat, the mean kind. The million chickens in a coup, baby cows not being able to move around for the sake of tender veal kind of mean. As much as I would love to eat free range, sustainable meat, I cannot (re:b-r-o-k-e); so the only other option here and as hard as it will be, I must give up meat. This new food chapter will come as a surprise to anyone who knows me, as I love chicken, LOVE IT, when I was 18 I wanted to start a website called Chicken.com. And let's not forget the red stuff; on a hungover morning I have been known to cry out for meat, I love it red and dirty. And as awkward as I am making this, I simply want to detail to you how much I love meat. But what must be done, must be done. So for the next week, I will bid adieu to this wonderfully delicious relationship, in fine fashion; I'm having everything, chicken kiev, steak tartar, lamb chops, bacon, if it's from an animal, I am eating it...gross I know. But necessary. I am sure after the initial aftermath of this breakup, I will look and feel, as good as I (deep down) know this descision is. After all, it's only a week.

2 comments:

  1. Omg, Chicken.com! LOL

    How did it end up going? I'm on the same boat. I'm a full-blood carnivore, but find my diet shamefully despicable; I honestly do have the softest of hearts for our most deserving friends. The meat-free week has long been on my conscience. But I admit, I'm TOO weak. I'm forced to take it slow. It probably took me 6 months to cut my intake from 7 flesh-packed dinners per week to about 5. I've just recently hopped on the edge of the tofu wagon... and surprisingly that actually has helped for when I infrequently go out for Asian. But, at least I too am putting forth the effort. If you ever need an extra kick to help you stop eating chicken, I've got a great(RE: sad) story about these little guys that will make you tear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken.com never really got any legs, but man I LOOOVE MEAT, but I eat way to much of it and I want to incorporate more vegs, grains and such and stretch as a cook. I have been giving myself shock therapy, watching those terrible videos on youtube...it works

    ReplyDelete

Followers