Thursday, January 14, 2010

Patience

I feel like over the past few days, time has gotten away from me. For the first time, really ever, I feel like there just isn’t enough time in a day. I caught myself saying “where did the time go” on a number of occasions... It is January 2010, it’s the future; back in the day when people spoke of this scary thing off in the distance called “the future”, they were talking about today. Human beings couldn’t wait for the future to get here and lo and behold, here we are. Damn it I want a hovercraft, because that is what I was promised. I digress, time is flying, and as I said before it is already January 13, I feel like I just toasted to the New Year and it’s already the middle of the month. It’s incredible.


With that being said, I have grown very tired of the things that I want to happen, NOW, taking their sweet ass time. You may know them as the two M’s, money and man. I have bitched at length over the money issue, I am sure to your pleasure, as the situation reached the point of hilarity; but, the man thing I have been rather mum about. The money situation is looking way up, better fiscal choices are helping the matter quite nicely; the man thing, however, is taking much longer than I would care for it to. A snail’s pace if you will. Patience has never been a virtue that I possess; as I am an only child. I have had to wait for no one, so waiting really isn’t my strong suit.


I keep getting told “be patient” or “things happen in time” and the best one of all “if it is meant to be, it will be”, which are all very legitimate, hell, I have even uttered those words to someone; but, now I realize how useless it is. This time on the other end of that sage advice, is me, a spoiled brat, who wants what she wants, RIGHT NOW. So I really “hear” none of it. I never, ever, thought I would be THAT girl moaning about a man, but yesterday it dawned on me that I am she! I have caught myself rambling on to all my friends about this, said, man, repeating myself incessantly; being that FUCKING girl. I am doing my best to keep my brain occupied; I will admit I am not doing a very good job.


So even though time is flying and we are living in the future; when it comes to thing one thing that I really want, well, I wish it would just hurry the fuck up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers