Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Perspective

I had one of those days yesterday. My car got stuck, again, TWICE; I was absolutely exhausted from hours of work; and, to boot, I went to a spin class with one of the worst instructors with the worst music I have ever heard. He was mean and a far less fit version of Billy Blanks. I had plans to go into great detail about my day, inciting great laughter I’m sure; but, nature had other plans.

In light of yesterday’s horrid earthquake in Haiti, it would seem ludicrous for me to moan and groan, at length about my day, when children are orphaned and families are homeless and this in a country that is already crippled by poverty. In a country of nearly nine million people, The Red Cross estimated that three million are going to be affected. 3 MILLION

Looking at pictures and videos on all the morning news feed saddens me and I feel like I must do something, whatever I can. I have no money and I am sure that most of you don’t either, but as the privileged read: healthy and able, we must all be compelled to help. Any aid will go a long way in helping this country overwhelmed by catastrophe. Chris Sacca’s site has many ways in which we can help; some for as little as $5.oo. And if I can swing five bucks anyone can.

Today I am going to reflect about all the wonderful things that I have in my life, a warm bed, a car, food in my fridge, my health, my family and I am going to be grateful. I suggest that others do the same.

My heart goes out to Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers