Monday, January 4, 2010

Make it Work

I lately have found myself lying awake in bed at night, thinking about life. What do I want to do with my life? How do I get there? And of course, MONEY, how do I make money doing it? I realize that this, what I do here, is what I want to do; but, this is new and this girl’s got bills, bills, bills; and, not the catchy Destiny’s Child tune kind of bill, real ones with scary collectors. Over the past few weeks (or months) I have been doing lots and lots of thinking, which I have gone into great detail and I am ready to put all this talk to work.


Currently I sell ads for a magazine, and due to a past disclosure, I let the cat out of the bag that I was a touch disenchanted with the job. That little incident, got me a serious talking to and opened my eyes; so this holiday season I decided that I need to make this little job work for me. I mean, I have it good, the magazine job allows me to have ample time to write and work on content for this blog and my other project, while still allotting enough time to get out there and hustle some ads; it just boils down to me doing it. I have already moaned about my dislike for rejection and the amount of times I have been rejected, it sucks, but , I am ready to grow a huge, dangling pair of balls and GO FUCKING GET ‘EM! I wouldn’t say that I am going to be some sort of ad sales machine but I am going to TRY; and, I suppose that is the only thing that really matters.

So to quote one of the coolest people of the 2oth century:

“They always say time changes things, but YOU actually have to change them yourself.”
Andy Warhol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers