Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Spin Revisited

So as promised, I went to another spin class; and, I think I am in love! I love to spin. It funny, I stayed away from classes because I a) didn’t want to look like an idiot and b) well, I didn’t want to look like an idiot. Also every other group type of exercise I have done in the last 3 years makes me cringe at the thought. Bikram yoga made me want to pass out and I almost did; I was also with someone who actually did. Running jostles my brain and my insides, leaving me with a screaming headache and the urge to vomit. Swimming, now I love swimming, and I will most certainly swim when the weather is appropriate; but, it is freezing outside and with my hair (extreme curl re: nappy), it just isn’t happening. With spinning, I leave exhilarated, not exhausted and my hair stays dry.

So I was already falling hard for spinning and today’s instructor threw me head over heels. His music was out of this world amazing, as far as exercise classes go. In most classes, we are forced to endure the shittiest techno with those ridiculous 90’s dance vocals. But not David, at the Glenore World Health Club location, oh no Malcolm played, Shakira, MIA, Lady Gaga and Coldplay; I mean, yes there was some horrid 90’s dance vocals but overall he gets a passing grade. Good music is the key; it felt like the class was 20 minutes, because I was lost in the music.

The only downside is the seat, that damn seat. My crotch is killing me. I want to go back tomorrow but I think my crotch needs a day break to let the, bike seat, callus form. Which I am sure is WAY too much information but I think it is valuable information to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers